Wow. Can’t believe I’ve been building and supporting IP Cam Viewer for over 9 years. If you have used it for many years, please consider becoming a patron to help keep IP Cam Viewer going. Thank you for your support!
Please become a patron.
Don’t spend hundreds of dollars on a 640×480 resolution spotter cam system when you can make a more flexible HD quality setup for half the price.
1) Camera: Many choices but the Amcrest IP2M-841 is 1080P resolution for $81 on Amazon (sometimes on sale for less).
2) Battery: Can’t beat a walmart battery for $48.88.
3) Power Inverter: Any car power inverter will work, this 300W unit for $16.99 comes with aligator clips and USB ports as an extra bonus!
4) Wifi Hotspot: You could use your phone, but it’s simpler to just use a cheap wifi router.
5) Holding it together: A simple toolbox from homedepot to stuff everything inside.
6) Charger: To re-charge the battery, you can use your car jumper cables or this simple wall charger (also great for maintaining car batteries when on vacation).
That’s it for hardware. Now let’s configure all the pieces to work together.
A) Power up wifi router at home and connect your phone/tablet/computer to it. Verify you can change router’s admin settings with it’s web interface. Setup user accounts, etc.
B) Plug camera into wifi router using eithernet port. Verify you can access camera’s web interface from your phone/tablet/computer which is still connected same wifi. Setup user accounts, etc.
C) Now change camera settings to using the router’s WIFI settings, disconnect ethernet cable and reboot camera. Camera should be on wifi now. Verify you can still see camera using phoen/tablet/computer.
D) Finally, run HandiSpotter on your phone/tablet to view camera.
That’s it. Stuff everything into the toolbox and bring it to a field for some target practice.
A new app for you sharp shooters. Capture targets from afar. Marker up and export your results. Works with most IP cameras using your phone/tablet wifi hotspot.
Play Store Link
Video 1 Video 2
For target practice at long distances, use this app with almost any WIFI camera and your phone/tablet to capture, record and export your results.
• Click on a previous shot capture to see where it landed.
• Add marker to highlight each shot.
• Export and share results as a video file, animated GIF or a simple frame image.
• Works with over 1600+ cheap IP Cameras
No more walking back and forth very couple of shots.
Use your phone/tablet’s WIFI hotspot to connect camera at ranges of 100-300ft (dedicated hotspot devices have longer range).
If you need power down range, many cameras use 12v so take a car battery (use voltage regulator if needed).
Great tool for archery, air and pb competition preparation and sight in.