Now that recording is actually taking place in IP Cam Viewer for Android, here’s what I have planned for future releases regarding Record Mode:
- on/off schedules per camera
- record mode icon in status bar
- embed web server for HTML5 playback interface so you can access it from anywhere, just like a networked dvr.
- provide live API for all cameras in record mode, turning app into a simple “universal” translator for all supported cameras into one interface for integration with websites or other systems.
- motion detection option on the record mode device to save space, also allowing for efficient alerting of the phone client (all the work is done on the record device at home, phone just gets alerts, saving power and network bandwidth).
It will take some time as I’m working on 4 different platforms now but it will be done. Thanks for your patience.